Friday, June 22, 2007

Mom's Necklace

Last year at the Bead and Button Show my sister bought this pendant for my mom. It took a few months to get it from her to my mom and then to me. I was just going to string it with a few crystals and some moonstone. But then I sprained my foot and spent a weekend with my parents this last week.
I had packed myself quite a selection of beads to work with. When I spilled all of them out and crowded them around the pendant I just loved the way it looked. So then I had to figure out how to make this work with what I had bought with me, since I could not walk (hence no going shopping).
So I decided to make a flat peyote stitch form that I would then encrust with all of these gemstones and crystals. I really love the look of this. I want to try it with some of my freeform peyote pieces. I have beads and gemstones picked out for an amethyst version of this, but this time I might try to add in some freeform.

1 comment:

s said...

WOW, WOW, did I say WOW..Oh my that is stunning.
It was hard to stop looking at it.
That is so beautiful.
I can't wait to see what you do with the amethyst. I love doing freeform.
I think that is why I am getting so excited about the bead embroidery, they seem to move along the same thought process for me.