Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Peace

December's theme is peace. My goal in life is to open a retreat center up north on Lake Superior where people can come and experience peace. Once they realize that peace comes from within, they can take that idea home and spread it among the people they know.

I have a polished piece of Kyanite in the center. Kyanite is one of two stones that never needs to be cleaned/cleared. It does not retain negative energy/vibrations. It can be used to immediately
align chakras, with no conscious effort. It brings tranquility and a calming effect to the whole being.
To outline the peace symbol I have used pearls, they remind me of seeds.

5 comments:

KV said...

That's a wonderful goal, Brenda. I have never seen Kyanite before -- it is a beautiful stone and it's use for peace seems most appropriate. Love your coloring and can't wait to see it done!


Kathy V in NM

artandtea said...

What a beautiful page to honor your goal, Brenda. I wish you well in achieving it!
-Karen

Timaree said...

That's a great goal to have. Your page is a good reminder of what we truly need. It's more than a want, it is a real need.

We live in the desert on 40 acres. There is no grass but we've planted a few trees for shade. When we get visitors, they soak up the tranquility and peacefulness of such a quiet, rugged area and they tell us how it refreshes them. They don't want to stay too long, the dust and seclusion get to all those city folk but they enjoy the breather. I'm sure if you ever get your place opened people will love it and come away refreshed to take that peace back to the city with them.

Jacqui said...

I love the sentiment and I hope your dream comes true.

having read KV's comment, I must admit I thought the piece was finished and the colouring was left in place to indicate something unfinished. Am I wrong?

Brenda said...

This piece should be finished sometime this coming up weekend. It will be completely beaded just like all of my other pages.
The coloring is just so that you don't see the white of the canvas showing through. I never know if I will have enough beads to complete how I see it so I color in spurts in case I have to change anything.