Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just tear it out!

Well Blogger is turning my photo sideways no matter what I do, so just turn your head at an angle, please! What the heck!

Last time I posted I had started beading a row of bugle beads along the bottom. Every time I would get about an inch done, I would look at it and it had started to angle ever so slightly on me! So what do you do?

You tear it out! I tore that darn thing out 3 times and then I left it out and started with the triangle in the middle, so far so good on that. So if anyone has a trick to making bugle beads stay straight, please pass it on!

As you can see, the design has already changed a bit, as far as the beading is concerned. I am a little concerned about the beads not being sparkly enough, but I figure if I make the next layer (fins) sparkly, the contrast will be just right.
Opinions?!

2 comments:

KV said...

The only thing I can think of, Brenda, is perhaps placing a marker line every half-inch or so to line up with. Bugles can be a bugger, can't they?


Kathy V in NM

Denise said...

Two things come to mind.
1. Bead just a few bugles at a time with a small 15 bead between each bugle and when you go to make sure they are where you want them to be, lay your thread down straight across the project to make sure you are straight. It's the thread you are working with. It seems to help to have the thread itself where you want it to go.
2.If the bugles just won't co-operate, then make them angled on purpose. This way you won't drive yourself crazy and actually, no one will ever know they were supposed to be straight!
Cheers, Denise