Tuesday, March 31, 2009

January - Thinking about Time

January was my month to think about time, most everyone thinks about it in January, with the ending of a year and the beginning of a new one. We think about what we wanted to accomplish, what we need to accomplish, what we are going to accomplish. Whew! Just thinking about it makes me tired!

So I go back to my Pursuit of Peace, last month I told you how I could spend hours walking up and down and looking at sticks and stones. The photo behind this month's piece, Time Can Be Magical, is an old root ball that over time water has transformed into a piece of sculpture. It was not over night, it took years, but how beautiful.

I have added some of the smaller driftwood pieces I collected along the shore, and a piece of sea glass, all of them formed over time. The pockets of beads are where the sand sits in the root ball, still transforming that piece of wood.

Being on the island reminds me to be present Now, not to worry about the past or what is coming in the future, but to enjoy the time I have Now.

6 comments:

Robin said...

I'm taking it in... time can be magical; live in the moment; seek beauty in everything... Indeed there is much beauty and peacefulness in your Jan. piece, Brenda! It makes me feel happy and contented to look at it. I love the placement and the way you attached the driftwood pieces and beach glass, the wispy (wistful) edge and the deep pools of beads in the crevasses of the stump. Beautiful! Robin A.

KV said...

Oh, yes, this is wonderfully and magically peaceful, Brenda!

pam T said...

Beautiful.... the forces of nature at work... the beauty that time and nature creates... all things to ponder. Thank you!

heidibeads said...

I love this one, I also love roots and I'm constantly looking down and missing stuff above but really it's so cool. It really is magical.

Marty S said...

Lovely! I like the combination of the driftwood and the beads.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Timaree said...

I love how you stitched the pieces of wood to your page. Great job.