Sunday, July 26, 2009

More Magnets

In keeping with the Mango magnet theme here is my next refrigerator magnet.
I think it is hysterical!
I made the Mango magnet for a dear friend of mine, her husband didn't get it. I asked him what type of magnet he would want. At first he couldn't think of anything, then a couple fo hours later he came out and said an eyeball! At first I was like. WHAT? But as I was beading it I fell in love with it, who wouldn't want one of these on the refrigerator keeping an eye on things?

7 comments:

Marty S said...

Wild! But I'm not sure I'd want to wake up hungry in the middle of the night, turn on the kitchen light, and see the eyeball on my fridge! On the other hand, it would be a good diet aide.

pam T said...

I love this!!!! I am so "into" eyes right now! where did you get it or how did you make it??? Oh yeah, can you imagine an eyeball everywhere? In the cupboard next to snacks, on a wallet next to money... lol....! very cool!

Brenda said...

Hi Pam
The base of the eye is an illustration printed onto fabric. The pupil is a onyx cabachon, then I beaded it with size 15 seed beads. I backed it with Ultrasuede, nothing but the best for an eyeball, and beaded the fabric and Ultrasuede together around the edges. A piece of strip magnet attached to the back sticks it to the 'frig.
Easy!

Timaree said...

Great magnet. My grandkids would love it!

KV said...

Ohmygosh, this is way too cool! I have a daughter that would think this is a total hoot . . .


Kathy V in NM

Louise Hill said...

Brenda,

Lovely job on the eyeball. It's great!

The Lone Beader® said...

The eyes have it!