Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Another Magnet

I have found whenever my life gets to hectic/somber, that making one of these magnets puts the fun right back into it.

I made this one for my Aunt Marie, while I was on vacation. Marie lives in Florida so we don't get to see her very often. She came up this summer because another Aunt (her sister) died.

I remember the three of them getting together. They would stay for a weekend in a hotel, no men, just sisters. They would take fun food and play cards. They would laugh and talk and have an all around great time.
My Aunt Delores loved margaritas. While my Aunt Marie was here we went to Applebee's and had one of their Perfect Margaritas, we toasted to my Aunt Delores.

I'll never look at a Margarita again without thinking of her.

Shortly after my Aunt Maria went back to Florida she moved. As a house warming and a remembrance I made this magnet for her new frig. She says it makes her thirsty every time she looks at it.

No comments: